Sometimes you're looking to make something specific, and you search on FoodGawker or in your cookbooks, or even google to figure out what to do.
This was not either of those times.
This recipe was found in the newspaper. Attached to coupons for Pennsylvania Dutch brand Egg Noodles, with a coupon for Bumble Bee tuna attached. The picture was so-so, and even to read the directions, I was skeptical. However, we had everything in our pantry, and my mom made this for us for dinner. The verdict? Keep! So, sometimes you take a chance in the coupons section, and find a winner thats quick, easy, all on hand, and tastes good too.
Mediterranean Tuna Noodle Skillet
Time: takes aprox 30 minutes start to finish.
Serves: 6 people (1 cup each)
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 oz dry wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian flavored diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1-1/4 c. water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 can (12 oz) Albacore Tuna in water, drained
- 1 jar (7.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, liquid reserved
- 1/3 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dry noodles, tomatoes, water, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add tuna, artichokes and reserved artichoke liquid into noodles; toss together and heat until hot. Top with cheese and parsley.
similar recipes from PennsylvaniaDutchNoodles.com or BumbleBee.com