- 1lb chicken tenders
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups Panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Handful or so of shredded cheese of your choice (optional, I used Mexican blend)
- 1 egg beaten with splash of milk
- 3/4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in large sauté pan on low, then sauté Panko and breadcrumbs until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Empty into shallow dish.
- Create your assembly line: blow 1 of flour, bowl 2 of egg beaten well with milk, bowl three is your toasted bread crumbs. Now that bread crumbs have cooled a bit, add shredded cheese and salt and pepper to taste- combine well.
- At the end of your line, place a cooling rack over a cookie sheet- this is where you will place your chicken. Coat with cooking spray.
- Place each chicken tender, in turn, in the egg, then flour and shake off any excess flour, back into egg and then bread crumbs, pressing crumbs firmly onto both sides. Place chicken on rack and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- When completed, lightly spray tops of chicken with cooking spray, and place cookie sheet with rack of chicken into oven.
- Bake at 425 for approximate 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350, and bake another 10-15 minutes until chicken reaches 160 degree internal temperature. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Note: if you cut your chicken into bite size pieces, they should be done after the 10 minutes at 425.
Made 2/2/14 for mom, Dennis and Julie.